Nestled on the shore of Upper Arrow Lake, beautiful Nakusp, B.C. is the Kootenay’s hidden gem. This vibrant community of 1,500 is the bustling hub that also serves the 1,700 people living in the surrounding communities of Edgewood, Fauquier, Burton, West and East Arrow Park, and Summit Lake.
Professional services and an attractive variety of independently-owned restaurants, cafés and shops fill the downtown core. The Arrow Lakes Hospital offers lab and hospice services as well as providing 24-hour emergency services. With Strong Start, pre-school, elementary and secondary schools as well as Selkirk College, education is available for learners of all ages.
Historically a mining and forestry industry town, Nakusp has also developed into a destination for travellers who revel in the area’s natural beauty. Both locals and visitors can enjoy the commercial and natural hot springs, the hockey arena, local golf courses, skiing, hiking, and swimming and boating on Upper Arrow Lake.
- Come to Nakusp! Bring your own job!
- For help starting your own business visit Community Futures Central Kootenay.
- Check the Health Match BC site for available positions.
- Developed and wild hot springs
- Backcountry, downhill, xc skiing
- Single-track & xc mountain biking, road biking
- Fishing & hunting
- Hiking, horseback riding, ATVing
- Canoeing, kayaking & boating
- Badminton, squash, curling
- Centennial building: Library, Museum, Archives
- Hockey arena with public skating
- Cafés, boutiques, and independent retailers
- Adult education classes at Selkirk College
- Activities for Seniors
Nakusp & District Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Centre
Address: 92 6 Avenue, Nakusp, BC V0G 1R0
Ph: 250-265-4234 (main)
Ph: 1-800-909-8819 (toll free)