Imagine Kootenay (IK) connects small business buyers and sellers in our communities. We are here to help attract investment and support workforce development throughout the Kootenay and Boundary region.
Imagine Kootenay strives to:
- Showcase the outstanding work, business and lifestyle opportunities in our communities through a marketing program that raises the profile of the Kootenay region.
- Provide interested investors up-to-date information about a community’s business environment.
- Improve investor readiness at the community level by providing tools and facilitating planning.
- Connect people to the variety of employers and opportunities available in the Kootenay region.
Imagine Kootenay is a joint initiative of local governments, economic development organizations and Chambers of Commerce in the Kootenay and Boundary region.
Current Imagine Kootenay Partners:
- City of Nelson and RDCK Areas E & F
- City of Revelstoke and CSRD Area B,
- Town of Golden and CSRD Area A,
- City of Castlegar,
- Creston Valley-Kootenay Lake (RDCK Areas A, B, C, Town of Creston, and Lower Kootenay Band),
- Columbia Valley Region (Invermere, Radium Hot Springs and Canal Flats; RDEK Areas F&G),
- Elk Valley (Fernie, Sparwood, Elkford)
- Cities of Trail, Rossland and Area,
- Boundary Region,
- Village of Nakusp.
Imagine Kootenay is managed and administered by Community Futures Central Kootenay.