Nelson has an unusual abundance of big city cosmopolitan amenities, coupled with an authentic small-town charm. Nelson has a growing population of 10,600; with Greater Nelson encompassing 18,000 and a trading area near 70,000.
We invite you to come and discover the advantages of doing business in Nelson. We are sure you’ll find that Nelson is a great place to visit…but an even better place to live…to work…to own a business…to raise a family…to live your dreams.
- Nelson’s excellent climate, location, and quality workforce have helped create a robust and diversified economy including tourism, construction, education, manufacturing, technology, arts and culture and a vibrant health and wellness sector
- one of the highest business licenses per capita in BC
- a highly educated and skilled workforce, access to major transportation routes
- proximity to markets on the west coast, Alberta and the USA.
- vibrant and diverse business community
- numerous business networking and support services
- an all season recreation destination including mountain biking, hiking, golfing, kayaking, canoeing, sailing, back country skiing, and downhill skiing
- amenities include an 18-hole golf course, a full-service community recreation centre, skating arena, curling rink, yoga and dance studios, community theatre and Whitewater Winter Resort
- charm and stunning scenery amidst over 350 designated Heritage buildings and 50 specialty shops and boutiques. One of the most vibrant small-town downtowns
- live entertainment venues hosting first rate theatre, music and arts performances, combined with more than 50 fine restaurants and cafes, in fact more capita than San Francisco creates big city nightlife and dining in a small mountain-town setting
Nelson & District Chamber of Commerce
Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce
Phone: 250 352-3433
City of Nelson
Suite 101, 310 Ward Street
Nelson, BC V1L 5S4