Every mountain town needs a brewery, and Castlegar & District is no exception.
The city’s economic development office is actively seeking micro-breweries to expand their operations to the Castlegar area.
Why Castlegar & District?
Located squarely between Calgary and Vancouver, and only a short drive from the US border and Spokane, the City of Castlegar has a number of economic advantages for your business to locate here.
- TRADE AREA: The trading area for the City of Castlegar is ~ 70,000 people.
- GROWTH: The City has experienced population growth of 10.2% between 2006 and 2016.
- GROWTH: Average household income has increased by 40% since 2006, and has a higher median household income than Kelowna, Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster and the City of North Vancouver.
- LIFESTYLE: Almost one-half of Castlegarians report a commute to work of less than 15 minutes.
- LIFESTYLE: Situated between two world class ski resorts, Whitewater and Red Mountain.
- EDUCATED: A population that is virtually identical to the rest of BC in its educational profile.
- AFFORDABILITY: At $295,000, an average home in Castlegar is 72% lower than Metro Vancouver and 32% lower than Calgary (2017 data).
- AFFORDABILITY: Business taxes are significantly lower than Metro Vancouver and Calgary.
For more information contact: Castlegar & District Economic Development Officer Mark Laver, moc.rageltsac@mde or 250-304-8231.